Healing is possible, even if curing isn’t.
You’re facing mortality (your own, or someone else’s) and it’s difficult.
You know that illness, death and loss are an important part of your spiritual journey.
You need help finding a healing path through these transformative experiences.
Take heart, you’ve come to the right place.
I offer compassionate guidance around death and transformative loss.
- Preparing for your own death
- Preparing for a death in the family
- Pet death (especially for children)
- Complex family dynamics around a death or loss
- Unresolved deaths from the past
- Pregnancy loss (abortion, miscarriage, etc.)
- Life losses that feel like a death, even if nobody has died
- Integrating non-ordinary or mystical experiences
- Any other deathly situation where the healing energy is stuck
The issue may be current, or something that happened years ago. I’m not daunted by the unusual or complicated.
Learn more about support for specific situations:
Sometimes a single session can give you what you need. In other situations, we might work together for a few weeks. We follow what feels right in your body.
90 minute sessions: $225 CAD / ~ $167 USD
FAMILY AND COMMUNITY RITUALS
Rituals are group processes that help people connect with each other, and with a deeper source of meaning and grace.
The rituals I lead are outwardly very simple. They may look like a conversation in the living room, or a group of friends gathered in a park, but they create a space for deep healing and connection.
Examples of community rituals:
When there’s been a difficult loss, rituals can help you heal together
- A sharing circle to help you, and your family, integrate the shock of a big diagnosis
- A storytelling ceremony in the family home before an aging parent moves into long term care
- A goodbye ritual for a woman’s breast before she undergoes a mastectomy
- A celebration ritual to welcome the new, one-breasted woman home again
- A healing circle before beginning chemo or radiation, or when it finishes
Rituals create a channel through which love can flow
- A pet euthanizing ceremony for adults and children
- A letting go ceremony when capacities like the ability to drive, to see, or to live alone are lost
- A celebration after positive test results, or when a capacity is regained
- A series of rituals and healing circles as death is approaching, helping everyone to say goodbye
- A funeral or memorial that makes space for both laughter and tears
- Whatever ritual you, your family, or your community needs to navigate a death or loss
Generally, we’ll have 1-2 sessions before the ritual to get clear on the intention and plan, and then hold the ceremony itself.
Most of the ritual facilitation I do is now online and technology allows for amazing things to happen at a distance. I can also help you design a ritual that a local person can facilitate for you.
Find support during hard times
When you, or someone close to you, is experiencing the initiatory power of serious illness or death, the journey can be a roller coaster of emotional and interpersonal challenges.
There are tools and practices that can help. Contact me to learn how they can work for you.
Sarah works with the group in a way that deepens the experience, and takes everybody to a place of great healing and insight.
Sarah’s knowledge and support allowed us to normalize dying for our children. Yes, it was sad, but they weren’t afraid. They understood what was happening and that we were going to be okay, together.